NextFleet Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 56 624 075 047) (we, our, us) respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and we comply with all of the Privacy Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
2 What is your personal information?
3 What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following kinds of personal information about you:
- name, gender, date of birth and marital status;
- mailing and street addresses;
- email address;
- phone numbers;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- information about your financial affairs and your transactions with us or third parties;
- government related identifiers (e.g. driver licence information in order to verify your identity);
- vehicle-related information such as your driving speeds, patterns and locations, fuel fills and purposes of travel; and
- other personal information you voluntarily provide to us during the course of transacting with us, when making inquiries about our products or services, or when providing details about a complaint.
If you apply for employment with us, we may also collect information about your educational qualifications, employment history and membership of trade unions or professional associations.
Except as stated above, we do not usually collect sensitive personal information about you. We will obtain your consent before we collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you. Sensitive information includes information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or a trade union, sexual orientation, criminal record, or information about your health.
Less commonly, we may collect health information about you in respect of accidents or insurance claims in which you are involved.
4 How do we collect your personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When we collect personal information, we may do so when you communicate or interact with us, such as when you:
- make inquiries about us, our products and services or contact us for any other reason so that we can process, deal with and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints;
- contact, register with, post to, like or follow any of our social media websites, pages, forums or blogs;
- use or register on our website;
- register for or attend any of our events, seminars or activities;
- make applications for prospective employment or contracting opportunities with us; or
- subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any competitions or promotions.
The collection of personal information on our website or our social media pages will be clear from the context (e.g. request to complete information fields) or will state that personal information is being collected at the point of collection.
In addition we may collect information through click tracking (in relation to your use of our website including the content you access and any services you utilise) and through log files or cookies (as further detailed below).
In some instances, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as your employer if we are assisting you and your employer in respect of salary packing arrangements or fleet management services.
If you apply for employment with us, we may collect personal information about you from recruitment agencies, your former employers, your referees, and your former educational institutions.
5 What happens if you do not provide your personal information to us?
If you do not provide personal information that we request in connection with our business functions and activities, we may not be able to provide some or all of our products or services to you or be able to respond and assist in the manner required. We also may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want. If you are applying for employment with us, we may be unable to fully consider your application.
6 How we hold your personal information?
All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We use a variety of technical and organisational security techniques, including encryption and authentication, to help with the protection and maintain the availability, security and integrity of your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your information through the following measures:
- restricting access to your personal information to only those who need to use it for the relevant purpose;
- transferring your personal information only in encrypted form;
- preventing unauthorised access to IT systems by using firewalls; and
- permanent monitoring of IT systems to detect and stop misuse of personal information.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
7 Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you, including information and all services relating to our products and services;
- to provide to government agencies and law enforcement authorities;
- to provide to the operators of toll facilities;
- to record information regarding products purchased from us and to provide further services to you, such as product warranties and guarantees, and repair or replacement of products;
- to assist in providing better products and services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
- to keep our websites and other online presence relevant and of interest to you, for direct marketing including promotions, newsletters and competitions, to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests, and to carry out analysis of market activity, market research and surveys;
- for verification of your identity for use of our website, to conduct address verification or credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes;
- to provide you with further information about us or other websites or goods or services offered by us or our related companies or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for contracting with you;
- if you are applying for employment with us, to consider your application for a particular role, and for a limited period to determine whether you have previously applied to use and to assess your suitability for other employment opportunities;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- fraud prevention or debt recovery;
- to provide to (or collect from) insurers and their associated entities such investigators and loss adjusters;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country; and any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
We may be required or authorised by Australian laws to collect, use and disclose your person information. Depending on the circumstances, we may be required to collect your name, address, date of birth and other verification information under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) in order to verify your identity, and authorised to collect personal information under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) in order to search for security interests and to register them.
8 Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose personal information to the following parties for the purposes stated above:
- our related companies;
- third party contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies, web analytics services, business support services, and information technology service providers;
- financiers and rating agencies for the purpose of the funding, refinancing, sale or securitization associated due diligence and review of the products and related services provided to you;
- market research companies who undertake customer surveys for us;
- professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal or accountancy services;
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies where required or authorised by or under a law or a court or tribunal or as necessary to manage any claim or issue;
- any entity where required or authorised by or under a law or a court or tribunal; and
- any other recipient which is notified to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
9 Do we disclose personal information overseas?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We are a related company of Mitsubishi Corporation in Japan. We may disclose your personal information to Mitsubishi Corporation and to some of its related companies in Japan and Thailand for some of the purposes listed above.
These arrangements may change from time to time, including as a result of changes in our data protection practices.
If you want, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do so, you can still access our website, but not all services may be available.
We may automatically collect general statistical information on our website about visitors to our website, such as IP addresses, browsers used, dates visited, pages visited and number of visitors. However, such information does not refer to you by name or your contact details. We use this data in aggregate to improve our website. We may provide such aggregated data to third parties, but in so doing, we do not provide personal information without your consent.
11 Direct marketing
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of them sending direct marketing to you about their own products and services.
12 Access and correction of your personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information which we hold about you, subject to some exceptions. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. However, we will not charge you for simply making a request. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
You also have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, subject to some exceptions. If you wish to correct the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
If we do not agree to your request to provide you with access to your personal information or to amend your personal information, we will inform you of our decision within a reasonable period. If you wish to complain about this outcome or to attach a statement to your record that you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please see our complaints procedure below.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information, or lodge a complaint if you believe that we have breached your privacy, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
We will deal with any complaint by investigating it, and providing a response to you within a reasonable time, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In some cases, we may need to ask you to put your complaint in writing so that we are sure that we understand it, and may also need to ask you for further information or to verify your identity. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will treat your complaint confidentially and respond to you within a reasonable time, usually in writing.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, please contact us. Alternatively, you may take your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The contact details for the OAIC are available from the OAIC’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
NextFleet Australia Pty Ltd
Level 3, Building 2
747 Lytton Road,
Murarrie QLD 4172
PO Box 63 Cannon Hill 4170